Be Socially Mobile this Holiday Season When Promoting Gift Shopping
Originally posted in ABBE’S SPARKS @ RFPalooza.com
Inboxes across all devices are surely looking a lot like Christmas by now. Yes, Holiday marketing campaigns are upon us and in this ever increasingly crowded field, what’s a marketer to do? How do you get your client’s brand to stand out from the pack? Now is the perfect time to add mobile marketing and social media to your holiday promotional mix to achieve sales success.
Here are some fast facts, tips and examples that can help.
-The holiday shopping season accounts for one-fifth of the retail industry’s $3.2 trillion in annual sales.
–The National Retail Federation’s (NRF) Consumer Spending Survey finds that a record-high 56 percent plan to shop online, up from 51.5 percent last year — the most in the survey’s 13-year history. And, as mobile grows in use and scope, consumers this holiday season will turn to their on-the-go devices for many reasons.
The NFR survey found that of the majority of smartphone owners (55.7%), 35.8 percent will research products/prices, nearly one-quarter (23.9%) will redeem coupons and 19.1 percent will actually purchase items – another survey high. One-quarter of shoppers say easy-to-use mobile websites is an important factor in their decision to shop with a specific retailer.
Using timely promotions and holiday messaging, your client’s business can achieve success with mobile marketing and social Media tie-ins
Tips & Examples for Holiday Sales Success:
- Make sure the brand’s website is mobile-optimized.
- Build excitement for the brand’s holiday deals and products with countdowns, previews, and exclusive content.
- Create interactive marketing experiences for consumers: touch-activated ads with icons to further explore the brand on social media — a perfect way to get consumers to truly remember a bran
- Highlight online store details that will compel consumers to add the brand to their online shopper’s list: “Enjoy 40% off all winter inventory online until Black Friday– Treat yourself and beat the rush!”
- Personalize the user experience and give consumers something shareable to take away after interacting. It will help drive customers back to the site.
- Develop a variety of social media integrations. turning a promotion into a revenue generator for the brand.
Looking for more ideas? Refer to a marketer’s bag of strategic tools like couponing, video interactive vignettes and contests to name a few. The list is endless.
So, be sure to use mobile and social media to add to the multi-channel user experience during this extremely important shopping holiday. Achieve success. Have a wonderful Wednesday.