Causes, Social Media Marketing & Special Events
- Jens Jensen The Living Green, a documentary and experiential marketing experience. The in-house media and sponsorship team for screening tours and prep for airing on public television stations nationwide.
- “A Day for Grace” starring playwright Doug Vincent and roots rock legend Sam Llanas. National tour of musical play about suicide awareness. A Boulder Story Healers production in conjunction with Colorado Non-Profit Organization.
- Lyle Cogen’s ‘Sticks and Stones’ musical play about bullying behavior and how to diffuse and prevent it. Pint-Sized Productions. National tour
- Children’s music legend Ella Jenkins Receives Lifetime Achievement Opening Minds Award from Chicago Metro Association for the Education of Young Children (Chicago Metro AEYC) at private VIP reception at Hubbard Inn in downtown Chicago.
- Chicago Metro Association for the Education of Young Children’s annual Opening Minds Early Care & Education Conference, January 2013. 5,000 attendees.
- Hard Rock Hotel Angels & Kings Lollapalooza After Party “Rockin’ With Lieb Cellars & FaceBooth.TV” – promoted After Party sponsor Lieb Cellars with real-time social media via FaceBooth.TV and social media marketing.
- Toast Fine Art & Sustainable Delectables – reception by Peter Hurley, Peter Hurley Art and Farmhouse Tavern to highlight master artist Hurley’s original oil works adorning the restaurant.
- Montezuma Nights, Photo Exhibit by Bradley Weiss – Opening night reception at Chicago’s Mars Gallery for photographer Bradley Weiss who was stricken with Parkinson’s Disease, to thank the doctors at Rush University Hospital for saving his life. Portion of art proceeds benefits Rush University’s Movement Disorder Group.
- Beethoven Project Trio’s VIP Reception – cocktail reception for political dignitaries, celebrities, and patrons prior to NYC Debut and regional premiere of rediscovered Beethoven works at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center
- Ferraris on Oak Street – annual event for Oak Street Council and Midwest Ferrari Association of America, portion of proceeds to Rotary One, Chicago Chapter
- Shopping for a Change (SFAC) – social media marketing and media relations campaigns for upstart web-based shopping site featuring fair trade products from impoverished countries. A 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association (GLASA) – developed signature multi-use brochure and media kit for all constituencies.
- “A Fashion Show in 3-G” (Grandkids, Grown-Ups & Grandmoms) – a fundraising benefit for Highland Park Hospital’s new Ambulatory Care Center
- Personal Pac’s Annual Achievement Awards Luncheon, lifetime recipient Jane Fonda
- National Food Safety Education Month kick-off event in Washington, DC for International Food Safety Council/Partnership for Food Safety Education
- National Food Safety Education Month (second, third & fourth annual) for International Food Safety Council/Partnership for Food Safety Education
- National Launch of Riverboat Gambling – maiden cruise events for Steamboat Casino River Cruises
- “Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue” premiere events for Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Partnership for Drug Safety Education, McDonald’s and Ronald McDonald Children’s Charities
- Ronald McDonald Children’s Charities annual Awards Dinner – recipients: Muppets creator Jim Henson, ( posthumously) and Marion Wright Edelman
- Kid Talent Quest 1 & 2 – nationwide search for kid talent guest hosts, Showtime Networks
- Funniest Person in America Contest 1, 2 & 3 – nationwide search for comedian for Showtime Networks (past winners include Ellen DeGeneres)
- Comedy Night with Craig Gass – benefit performance for Chicago Metro Association for the Education of Young Children (CMAEYC)
Entertainment and The Cultural Arts
Deep C Revival – New York City and the Hamptons favorite classic rock, blues & soul band.
- David George’s Christmas Ain’t A Drag Musical Showcase 2018 – rock musical showcase at The Cutting Room with original music & lyrics by David George and George Johnsen featuring David George & The Christmas Ain’t A Drag Orchestra. Executive Producers: Abbe Sparks & Ric Zivic.
- David George’s Christmas Ain’t A Drag 2017 – rock musical with original music & lyrics by David George and George Johnsen featuring David George & The Crooked Christmas Orchestra. Executive Producers: Abbe Sparks & Ric Zivic.
- David George’s Christmas Ain’t A Drag – musical soundtrack release 2016 with music & lyrics by David George and George Johnsen featuring David George & The Crooked Christmas Orchestra.
- David George’s Christmas Ain’t A Drag – The Musical, KC – created by David George, music & lyrics by David George and George Johnsen. Executive Producer, Tom Town’s Media. Co-Producer, Abbe Sparks.
- David George, singer/songwriter – the brand of David George, the artist, composer, musician, songwriter. Strategic branding, social media marketing and publicity for David George, his 2016 new songs, CD Radiant Man, Soundrack Christmas Ain’t A Drag.
Mo Jo and The Bayou Gypsies – 25 years performing around the world
Bitter Jester Battle of the Bands (Bitter Jester Creative) – 10th annual Bitter Jester Battle of the Bands, talent contest for high school-age musicians and bands.
Viva Lundin Productions
- Jens Jensen: The Living Green – documentary about landscape architect and eco-justice advocate Jens Jensen. Directed by Carey Lundin. In-house media and sponsorship team, collaboration of Sparks Orman.
The Dazz Band featuring Jerry Bell
- Red Hot Music – Red Carpet CD-Release After Party to kick-off Grammy week 2015. The Dazz Band 2015 cd-release party at Los Angeles’ famed The Conga Room – LA LIVE venue. Sparks Orman, a collaboration with Lynn Orman Weiss.
Sam I Am Films, LLC
- ‘Scrooge & Marley’ independent film theatrical release and Red Carpet Chicago Premiere. Tracy Baim and David Strzepek producers. A modern day variation of Charles Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’ recounted from a gay sensitivity. Starring David Pevsner, Tim Kazurinsky, Bruce Vilanch, Megan Cavanaugh and Rusty Schwimmer.
Orman Music Group
- The Frank Russell Band: The Electric Years, A Salute to Miles Davis. The Frank Russell Band and special guests salute jazz master impresario Miles Davis in concert: A Miles Davis Tribute to The Electric Years, Saturday, April 27th 8:00pm at Mayne Stage, Chicago’s premiere electric bass player Frank Russell and his band pay homage to the jazz master impresario Miles Davis in celebration of Jazz Appreciation Month With special guests Dede Sampaio (Miles Davis Band percussionist), Dee Alexander (jazz vocalist) & young lion trumpeter Corey Wilkes. Jazz critic Neil Tesser to host; produced by Lynn Orman Weiss, Orman Music Group.
Orman Music Group & LJET Productions in Association with Abbe Sparks Media Relations, LLC
- Chicago Blues Mamas For Obama 2012 – Historic election night concert starring 10 of Chicago’s Blues Royalty Divas united for first time ever on one stage, one night with one voice for America, women’s rights and issues. Hosted by Cookie Taylor (daughter of queen of the blues Koko Taylor), Mike Jennings (NFL Hall of Famer & Olympic Gold Medalist) and Big LLou Johnson (Golden voice of BB King’s Bluesville on Sirius XM Radio). Featuring the Chicago Blues Mamas: Deitra Farr, Shirley King (daughter of the king of blues) BB King), Sharon Lewis, Shirley Johnson, Katherine Davis, Nellie ‘Tiger’ Travis, Holle “Thee” Maxwell, Liz Mandeville, Ellen Miller and Peaches Staten with special guests.
Pint Sized Productions, NY.
- Sticks and Stones with Lyle Cogen, a musical play about bullying behavior. 2014 National Tour and off-broadway performance at Solo Theatre Festival.
- Bully, Bystander, Bullied, Which One Are You? Lyle Cogen. National CD release.
Boulder Story Healers, Boulder, CO.
- A Day for Grace starring playwright Doug Vincent and music legend Sam Llanas (formerly of BoDeans) in a musical play about suicide awareness. 2013 National Tour and off-Broadway performance at Stage Left Theatre.
Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Partnership for Drug Safety Education, McDonald’s and Ronald McDonald Children’s Charities
- “Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue”, animated anti-substance abuse Television and Video special commercial-free and simulcast to every network in North America
- “Johnny B on the Loose,” – syndicated late night talk show, Fred Silverman, executive producer
- “Superboy” – syndicated TV strip, Alexander & Ilya Salkind, executive producer
- Showtime original programming, music concerts & sports, theatrical movies
- Broadway on Showtime – Master Harold & The Boys, Follies, Sunday in the Park with George, Sweeney Todd, and more.
Showtime Networks Group
- “Showtime Coast to Coast” – second installment of cable music special with Sting and Herbie Hancock. Executive producer, Ken Erlich.
- Nation’s first pay-per-view network; movies & sports on network including boxing and Wrestlemania
- National launch of cable network
Beethoven Project Trio
- New York City debut at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully Hall and regional premiere of newly rediscovered Beethoven Piano Works as performed by the TRIO
- Performance at German Consul General’s private residence for dinner for 60
- Global release of debut CD, The Beethoven Project Trio
- International Beethoven Project
- Deconstructing Broadway starring SIRIUS/XM Radio Personality & Broadway Star Seth Rudetsky in the Chicago debut of his hit one-man show
- Auditioning Master Class – one day only master class with SIRIUM/XM Radio Personality & Broadway star Seth Rudetsky
- Miranda Sings Live! Chicago premiere of YouTube sensation Miranda Sings hilarious musical cabaret comedy show portrayed by actress and singer Colleen Ballinger.
- Jim Caruso’s Cast Party – Chicago debut of the wildly popular open mic & Manhattan mainstay starring host Jim Caruso and music genius Billy Stritch.
- ’Til the Fat Lady Sings” by Academy Award-winning playwright Scott McPherson, regional premiere of play at Victory Gardens Theatre
Ripple Effect Artists, Inc.
Theatre company that addresses injustice and causes social impact through art – primarily by producing masterful plays – along with talk-back discussions in partnership with educators & advocacy groups. shifting audiences from APATHY to ACTION to create a RIPPLE EFFECT in the larger community.
- SHE HAS A NAME, off-broadway run of the critically-acclaimed play by Andrew Kooman that addresses human trafficking.
- Peter Hurley and Peterhurleyart.com – promote the master artist/muralist, his works and new website launch via traditional media relations, social media marketing and special events
New Product/Business Launches
- USA Cancer Care. Strategic planning, branding and website development in preparation of launch for global cancer care center.
- Women of the Blues: A Coast-to-Coast Collection Grand Opening at National Blues Museum. Photo exhibition curated by the Women of the Blues organization founder, Lynn Orman Weiss. Exhibit opening at National Blues Museum in St. Louis. Show runs from January thru March 2017.
- Chez Compliance & Advocacy Group. National launch of consulting and advocacy firm specializing in bop consulting and the early prevention of white collar crime.
- Compatibility, Inc. – Student Connect, college-roommate matching platform in edtech arena. National launch.
- Natomy Professional Haircare – national launch of Natomy professional haircare line of products and website.
- MycroMat – national launch of new silicon-based multi-use kitchen gadget for microwave cooking as seen on QVC
- The Beethoven Project Trio debut CD – global release
- Looking Like You, national launch of book by celebrity stylist and wig master, Barry Hendrickson
- The Ulltimate Gift Card (the nation’s first diamond-jeweled gift card) – new product launch for Lester Lampert Jewelers
- Tryst Beauty Salon & Spa – grand opening of headquarters for Tryst Bre and its personal care products
- Steamboat Casino River Cruises – national launch of riverboat gambling
- “Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue” – multi-network premiere of anti-drug education cartoon
- Ronald McDonald Children’s Charities – introduced the charity to various media and public
- Viewer’s Choice Pay-Per-View Network – launched nation’s first pay-per-view network
- Crest Complete – new toothbrush entry for Procter & Gambol
Big City Rythm & Blues Magazine
- The Blues Comes To The Home Of Jazz-Lincoln Center
six00threefive magazine (Articles written by Abbe Sparks can be viewed at www.ehighlandpark.com)
- Lights, Camera, Film Fest – Cover Story for Summer 2008 issue
- The Core of the Apple – Cover Story for Winter 2007 issue behind-the-scenes with the production crew at Apple Tree Theatre
- The Music of Late Nite – Feature article for Summer 2007 issue
- On the Cutting Edge – Cover story for Spring 2007 issue
- Thoroughly Modern Players – Cover story for Winter 2006 issue
- Purple Passion – Feature article for Winter 2006 issue